Our customized single event imaging systems can be customized to meet the most demanding requirements specific to your individual experiments. We offer systems based on 2 kinds of detectors.
High-resolution photon counting system - HRPCS
Photek’s photon-counting camera systems are unique; they provide the ability to capture and integrate an image in real-time. These systems are ideal for extremely low photon emission applications such as bioluminescence, chemiluminescence, and weak fluorescence. The ability to accurately analyze transient events is a key feature of this product. The length of time that the image can be integrated is limited only by disc space and allows the user to fully capture real-time events. X, Y and time co-ordinate for post-acquisition analysis are also recorded. X-ray and vacuum imaging camera options are also available.
Image photon detector - IPD
The Photek IPD3 is based on a true single-photon counting sensor that uniquely provides simultaneous position and timing information for each detected photon. The camera outputs a continuous stream of photon detection location and time (x, y, t), with a spatial resolution of 100 μm and a timing resolution of 10 ns. The IPD3 is perfect for continuous imaging of processes with very low light levels over wide fields. The high-resolution time tagging enables 100% duty cycle imaging of time-resolved events. The IPD3 is highly customizable, with multiple options of image plane formats, high sensitivity photocathodes, and accessories that can be combined into complete turn-key systems. The operation has never been easier thanks to the plug-n-play USB interface, fully integrated power supply and intuitive Image32 software.
- 18 mm, 25 mm and 40 mm active diameter
- UV, visible and NIR responses
- Extreme sensitivity with single photon counting capabilities
- Resolution up to 1392 x 1040 (HRPCS)
- Frame rate up to 100 Hz (HRPCS)
- Continuous data acquisition (IPD)
- High resolution position and time stamp for each photon (IPD)
- Sub-pixel centroiding for enhanced spatial resolution
- Analysis of fast optical pulses
- Cherenkov light detection
- Fluorescence spectroscopy
- Particle & Nuclear physics
- Single photon counting fluorescence
- Time correlated photon counting
Additional information is available on the High Resolution Photon Counting System HRPCS datasheet and on the Image Photon Detector Camera System IPD datasheet. To talk further about these products or the custom design of a photon counting camera system for your application then please contact us.